Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back on Track

One of my favorite WODs in a while, sometimes you gotta pay to have fun though




I've struggled with overtraining this past month and finally got it under control last week! I knew about the importance of rest days, but with training for the Spartan Race and being addicted to Crossfit, I just wasn't letting my body heal. I noticed that running was a lot harder and not enjoyable like before. I was doing lots of Thrusters, hang squats cleans and other leg exercise and then the next day I expected my body to just run 6 miles no problem. Well I took 4 whole days off, stretched, got massages, and relaxed. It was a long 4 days, but I did it and I'm right back on track! I redid my schedule so that I have an active recovery swim day in the middle of the week and only 3 days where I do Crossfit instead of 5. And I'm working on getting my mile splits faster for my long runs.

Yesterday I had a good 8.5 mile run, first long run I've enjoyed in a month! Its relieving to know my body is progressing again.

Todays WOD:

Three rounds for time of:
225 Deadlift, 15 reps
15 Handstand push-ups
15 Pull-ups
95 pound Thruster, 15 reps




1 comment:

  1. next time i see you you're going to have to explain to me what exactly cross fit is because i don't know what you're talking about but i want to know!! also i bought new brooks running shoes because you inspired me and they are the bestttt!!!

    ReplyDelete