Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You say I can't do it? I say false


Have you ever had someone tell you you couldn't do something? Like lets say, you're someone that is not much of a runner, and you have a goal by the end of the year to do a half marathon or something. Don't you almost love it when someone is like, "honey, be a little bit more realistic, can you really do that?" PSH. thank you for saying that because that made me want to do it 100x more.

Its like they challenge you. And you accept it just so you can shove in there face later. HA I did it. Its the best.

Recently I've been working on my bench press, not tons, but I'm doing it, and slowly working up to more and more weight. Well I was at the gym the other day and lets be honest, my arms aren't used to it yet, so I'm still fairly weak. I was doing about 65 pounds and the guy next to me kinda leans towards my friend and I and he's like 'wow, you got a lot of weight there!' in a sarcastic tone. umm ya, thanks for making me feel weak. He then went on to explain that thats fine because he wouldn't want a girl benching more than him. Alright. Challenge accepted.

1 comment:

  1. haha, that's funny! By the end of my weight lifting class I could bench 140, though I started out at 85. You can do it! By the way I feel the same way about my book. People think I'm not serious or won't be able to follow through. Bring it on!! haha

    ReplyDelete